Housing of organisations with the SNF quality mark are inspected for safety, hygiene and sufficient space. Furthermore, organisations with the SNF quality mark have standing orders and a manager. Still, housing migrant workers does at time cause a nuisance to others. That is not what we want, of course. If you have a complaint, you can contact various organisations.

Stichting Normering Flexwonen (SNF) guarantees good and safe housing for migrant workers. This means the housing is assessed in terms of space, safety and hygiene.
If you have any complaints about an unsafe situation, for instance because of a fire hazard or problems with the structure, you first have to contact the organisation that manages the housing. If this does not resolve the situation and you still feel the situation is unsafe, you can contact Stichting Normering Flexwonen and report the issue by means of the complaint form or by sending an e-mail to

Your e-mail should in any case state the following details:

  • Initials and surname
  • Male/female
  • Street and house number
  • Postcode and town/city
  • Telephone number
  • E-mail address
  • The date on which the complaint was submitted
  • Address of housing location or locations you have a complaint about
  • The housing location is managed by (name organisation)
  • Description of your complaint
  • Did you contact the organisation that manages the housing location? If so, what was the response of that organisation?
  • Is there anyone who can confirm your complaint? Please enclose documentary evidence if possible

If you suffer from excessive noise levels, if there are parking issues or other complaints that are not related to the safety and hygiene of your housing,
SNF is unable to assist you. Excessive noise levels, parking issues and other matters that cause a nuisance in the area can be reported to the police or local authorities.

Do you have a complaint about SNF, a monitoring organisation or an inspector? Please submit your complaint to SNF. The complaint has to bear a date, give a clear and comprehensive description, and must be submitted in writing. This can be done by The Complaints Regulations explain the further course of the procedure.

Have you not been treated well by your employer in the Netherlands? Please contact FairWork (in your own language) for free help and advice.
Phone: +31 20 760 08 09 Whats App: + 31 6 51 77 1 249, Email:, Website: